BACOOR, Cavite – The Bacoor City government headed by Mayor Strike Revilla held recently the Bacoor Traffic Summit at the SM Bacoor Cinema in an effort to ease the flow of vehicular traffic flow in the city.
More than 400 people, mostly from national government agencies and city government offices and business groups, barangays and homeowner associations participated in the summit presided over by Mayor Revilla.
The summit discussed problems affecting the traffic situation in the city. Present during the summit was the city government’s traffic management-action programs aimed at improving the load capacity and efficiency of the roads as well as improving road safety.
A traffic study was earlier conducted by Sunmaru Traffic Systems and Technology (TS&T), a specialist in traffic planning, engineering and management, headed by Engineer Rey Luna.
The study looked into the physical, engineering and operational feasibility of proposals for road and traffic improvements. The study also identified site specific treatments for improving the capacity, efficiency and traffic safety of roads.
Engineer Luna identified the roads and highways that need the following:
- Installation of traffic signals at intersections;
- Provisions of lane marking at intersections and key routes;
- Installation of traffic safety devices.(e.g. road studs, road signs, street names);
- Installation of street lighting facilities at accident-prone intersections/areas;
- Construction of pedestrian overpasses (geographical location only), if any is needed.
- Measures for traffic capacity enhancement engineering at major and secondary roads through removal of bottlenecks/capacity constraints and channelization;
- Reduction of vehicle-movement conflicts particularly at intersections and on key roads;